One of the 9GAG video is just going viral in recent days about beautiful Cheerleaders of Lithuania. The video caption claimed that once you’ve seen the video “You’ll certainly fall in love with them”. Well, I’ve been wondering how many of you who have seen the video will Google the location of Lithuania which I eventually believe will certainly fall in love with the country as well.
Historical Side of Lithuania
Though historical landmark is not your things but still there are a lot of places that you shouldn’t miss while you are in Lithuania.
- Vilnius is the capital city of Lithuania and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Though it is the largest city in Lithuania, the atmosphere is far from it, instead it feels much more like old city with cozy environment.
- Trakai Island Castle located only half an hour from Vilnius, first built in 14th century and a perfect place to enjoy the historical atmosphere through the Renaissance interior which will make you feel like stepping into a time machine.
- Lithuania is one of the country which once occupied by Soviet Union during World War I, so there are a lot of historical landmarks that refers to that certain event like Orvidas Garden as the symbol of innovative rebellion as well as Hill of Crosses which a little creepy but it is a prominent reminder of Lithuanian’ desires of independence and symbol of defiance during Soviet’s period.
Mysterious Side of Lithuania
There is no country without myth and folklore and Lithuania is just probably the oddest one as the latest pagan country in Europe before it was Christianity.
- Hills of Witches is probably the oddest place yet the must visit place in Lithuania with more than 80 wooden cravings of creatures of fairy-tale from old Lithuania’s myth and folklore. The name came from the old tradition of Lithuanian well known as pagan celebration which taken place on the same hill. Now, the event is still celebrated but the name changed into Saint Jonas’ Festival.
- The Devils’ Museum is a must visit place if you want to experience the oddest part of Lithuania. Inside the museum more than 3,000 pieces collection of sculpture about the lords of underworld were displayed.
Natural Side of Lithuania
One more attractive side of Lithuania is its natural beauty. Around the city you will find some options of national park where you could do some outdoor activities like hiking on the hills with spectacular view and kayaking in one of the many lakes or swimming on the beach.
- There are a lot of options of National Parks you could visit in Lithuania likes Aukstaitija National Park, Dzukija National Park, Curonian Spit National Park, Trakai Historical National Park, Zemaitija National Park.
- Some Gardens are also worth visiting like Bernardine Garden, Kaunas Botanical Garden and Vilnius University Botanical Garden.
- Lakes are much more easier to find since in each national parks there are a lot of options of lakes you could visit for kayaking.
- Beach is not main tourist destination in Lithuania but some beaches like Palanga and Nida beach.
Fun Side of Lithuania
The best time you will have in Lithuania is when you could enjoy walking on the cobblestone street with cozy atmosphere accompanied by artistic mural along the street with the smell of fresh bake bread from the local cafes.
- There is one artistic neighborhood in Uzupis with bohemian style of town for you to visit.
- More museums and spiky churches to visit in Kaunas.
For your information, Lithuania is located in Northern Europe with only covers an area of 65,200 km2, so it is considered as one of the small cities in Europe. Well, its compact size is an advantage of traveler because you could explore the city thoroughly in relatively short time besides that the combination of old town style, cobblestone streets, cozy atmosphere, historical landmark, natural wonders, delicious cuisine and (according to 9GAG) beautiful girls of Lithuania will make your trip utterly full of experience.